Down in the South


Guest post from: Joe Castro

My brother was in the Marines and stationed down in North Carolina. I still remember visiting him every time the holidays would come around. Depending on how many people wanted to go home for Christmas, many times, my brother didn't get the chance to come home for the holidays. This was especially hard for my mother who enjoyed having the entire family home for Christmas. My brother is out of the military now and attending college, but I still remember the time we were down in the South and it was snowing like crazy. It had to have been about December or January and we went down there to pay him a visit for Christmas.

The traveling time was long, it took us about fifteen hours to get down there. And when we did, we were amazed to find that the entire state was covered in snow. I'm sure it's not uncommon, but considering that it's a warmer climate, I was a bit shocked. We went to see him and he hung out with us in our hotel room. We exchanged presents and went out to eat in a really beautiful restaurant. After the day was over, we went back and relaxed to some specials on direct tv. I remember this particular snowfall because it really meant so much to me. I remember all of the other times we went to visit my brother down there, but this one stands out the most.

Post a Comment

0 Comments