Life at 60

Thanks to Frank Meador for the guest post.

I just got off the phone with my 63 yr old father and I was somewhat confused. For starters my father told me he was at a senior health spa with a couple of his buddies getting a massage and he wanted to call me back. So, an hour later my father called me sounding more youthful and energetic than I had seen him in years. Don't get me wrong, I was happy for my father. It started a few months ago after my father decided he wasn't getting any younger. He found himself asking people 2 or 3 times to repeat what they had said and he reluctantly came to the conclusion he needed a hearing test. While he was at the doctor for that he began talking to an 80 yr old man that was getting fitted himself, so he could hear the ladies better, he said!. My dad was taken back. Here was a man that was 17 years older than him and enjoying life! My father had to ask what was the secret? This gentleman went on to tell my father about this senior care home facility he has lived in for the last 20 years and how the staff and owners encouraged everyone regardless of age to participate in life and to take advantage of technology like hearing aids by Miracle Ear that is available for seniors to live their life to the fullest. So that is what my father decided he was going to do, and my father has been a vibrant senior citizen taking life by the throat and having a good time.





Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Post a Comment

0 Comments