Bubby and Sissy

What do you think of these terms being used?

The reason I ask is because I am on Cafe Mom & I saw a post ( here's the original post) about it. The original poster can't stand the terms. In fact, here is her exact posting:

I HATE it when people call their kids this. . . I don't know why.... wait, yes I do. Because it sounds white trash!

My mom calls her brother that jokingly, and I will see my sisters and shriek, "sissies!!!" to embarrass them.

What do you think?

Do you call your sibling this?

Do you have your kids call each other this?

I think it sounds childlike, but in a bad way.


What are your thoughts on this? Personally it doesn't bother me one way or the other if they're used. I know people who use them & I know people who find the words annoying. To me they're just another word.

Post a Comment

0 Comments