Sunday, July 12, 2009

Babies in day care may be less likely to develop asthma symptoms


Babies in day care may be less likely to develop asthma symptoms than those who stay home, says a new study in the Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. Researchers followed children from birth through age 5 and found that those who entered child-care centers between 6 and 12 months of age had a 75% lower risk of wheezing at age 5. Kids who started child care when they were 1 or older had a 35% reduced risk. This suggests that being exposed to viruses and bacteria in a child care may have a protective effect and play an important role in helping kids develop a healthy immune system.

1 comment:

  1. http://watchmangaonline.blogspot.com/ <-- Visit my blog?
    Hmmm... I may also expect that... because I also have asthma... maybe if my mom put me into the daycare I may not have asthma hahaha...

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin