Candace Lightner and her family were nearly killed by accidental carbon monoxide poisoning years ago. They survived that terrifying experience only to be faced with another years later when Lightner lost her 13-year-old daughter Cari, when she was struck down by a drunk driver. This experience compelled Lightner to found Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD), and is credited with saving more than 600,000 lives.
Chicken Soup for the Soul: Count Your Blessings co-author Elizabeth Bryan also almost lost her family from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning. The thought of losing their entire families have made both women champions for carbon monoxide alarms.
I think you love to read Elizabeth’s new Count Your Blessings safety story about her family’s experience. It’s at www.firstalert.com/elizabeth_